Hangeul is the Korean alphabet. Instead of being written sequentially, like English, Hangeul is grouped into blocks that represent individual syllables. In this way, it can be used to write most sounds.
The Mimetic Words of Hangeul is an art project that attempts to visually represent onomatopoeic and mimetic words according to their meaning.
The project was made using HTML5, especially Canvas, and it works beautifully on both desktop and tablet.
- •The FWA, Site of the Day – July 2013
- •The FWA, Mobile of the Day – July 2013
- +W.E.B Magazine Vol. 177 – September 2014
- +Web Designing – July 2013
- •Solo work
- •A special thank you to Justin Earley who helped with the English copy.